Bolstering Your Child’s Self-Esteem: Part II- Relationship with You
Written by Dr. John Carosso
Where we left off
We had discussed, in Part I, the importance of your child’s relationship with God in enhancing his or her self-esteem. Next we move-on to the most important person in your child’s life.
So, who is that most important person?
Well, it’s you. Yes, go figure; you’re far and away the most important person in your child’s life. No one else even comes close.
Birds of feather…
We often hear the term ‘birds of a feather flock together’ and we know what it means. However, I’m using it a bit differently here. We can gain prestige via with whom we associate. If your child perceives you as super-valuable and esteemed, and you’re taking time out of your busy schedule to hang-out with him or her, then what does that say about him or her?
Take the time
Spending time with your child, whether teaching how to better-throw a ball, helping to get dressed in the morning, playing a board-game, or just going for a walk is like a fuel-tank pouring gasoline, under high pressure, into your child’s esteem-tank. Even better, it makes you feel pretty good too. God bless.
Two more to go
That’s the second of the four keys to enhancing self-esteem. Two more to go!
Dr. C’s Morning Minute
View Dr. C’s Morning Minute Video ‘Bolstering Your Child’s Self-Esteem: Part II, Relationship with You’ for more information about this topic by clicking here.
See more of Dr. C’s Morning Minute on our Video Blog Page
Dr. John Carosso
Latest posts by Dr. John Carosso (see all)
- Completing a Functional Behavioral Assessment – Dr. C’s Morning Minute 173 - March 29, 2017
- What is a Functional Behavioral Assessment FBA Dr C’s Morning Minute 172 - March 27, 2017
- What is Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)? – Dr. C’s Morning Minute 171 - March 24, 2017
- Does Time-Out Work With ADHD? – Dr. C’s Morning Minute 170 - March 22, 2017
- Do Disorders Really Exist? – Dr. C’s Morning Minute 169 - March 20, 2017